Points to note about Benefit upgrades
- Benefit upgrades are only valid on flights operated by Air Canada, Air China, All Nippon Airways, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, Swiss International Air Lines and United Airlines (advance booking deadline of five days).
- On All Nippon Airways, no upgrades are possible from Economy Class to Premium Economy Class.
- No upgrades can be booked for domestic flights within Japan.
- Domestic upgrades are only possible on connecting flights in combination with an upgrade on an intercontinental flight.
- If you redeem Benefit points for an intercontinental upgrade, the domestic flight upgrade is already included.
- The requirement with all Benefit upgrades is that Benefit points are used separately for each route segment.
- Upgrades are only possible on flights with the following booking classes: Economy Class, Economy Class Discounted, Premium Economy Class, Business Class and Business Class Discounted.
- An upgrade can only be given for a confirmed booking. Upgrades are not possible on waiting-list reservations.
- Advance booking deadlines: please book your BenefitUpgrade no later than one working day before departure – for United Airlines flights, five working days.
- Please note the opening times of the PartnerPlusBenefit Service Centre.
For Benefit upgrades the following rebooking and cancellation rules apply:
- Benefit upgrades can be rebooked once free of charge until up to one working day (Mon. - Fri.) before departure; for United Airlines flights up to five working days before departure. For any additional rebooking of the travel date a charge of EUR 50 / CHF 70 will apply. This charge can also be debited directly from the Benefit points account for a reduced points value of 3,500
- Cancellation of a Benefit upgrade is possible for a fee of 3,500 Benefit points and up to one working day (Mon. - Fri.) before departure. In case of cancellation, the issuing travel agency has to change the reservation to the originally booked booking class before a refund of Benefit points is possible.
- If an upgrade is cancelled, the availability of the original flight and the original booking class can no longer be guaranteed.